Thursday, June 17, 2010

few updates

I just thought I should update something , but honestly, there's nothing much to write about.   We have already received the occupance certificate and the final invoice as well.    Went to the house last weekend, still found some outstanding issues on the facade needed to be rectified.  So , what I can do now  is only awaiting for the confirmation from my site supervisor and then  book a time for final handover. 
 I admit I'm getting bit of lazy these days. I haven't got any quotes yet, nor driveway ,  landscape, blinds etc.     My house and my neighbour's are the most quickest completion among the entire stage 12.  Thanks to the rain recently , it gets more and more muddy around the whole area !  I don't think we could just move in like that ! But back to reality,  it's almost time for doing the concreting, driveway and stepping into the mud for gardening, I knew it, and finally I will do it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your build has been pretty quick! We signed our contracts with Carlisle in Oct 2009 and we'r STILL waiting on our land to title! It's been delayed so much that we have already been granted an extension on the loan offer from the bank, and even that has expired! So now we're back to re-applying! I read earlier on in your blog that you had problems with your land being delayed also - it seems to be the "norm" these days! But to the point... I was wanting to know what bricks you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Amy, please disregard that previous comment. I have now read through your older posts and see that the brick is Austral Tan. Was that a Category 1A when you made the selection? If yes, would you mind letting me know how much they were? And how much for the off-white mortar? I would really appreciate your reply as we signed around the same time as you (I think) but have since changed our house plan to the Riverton 30 and just want to make sure they're quoting us the prices from when we signed up and not today's prices, as we're already paying them at least $7000 in late fees because of the delays with the land, so these late fees should cover any price increases from August 2009. We made our initial deposit in late Aug 2009 and signed our contract late Oct 2009. Is this roughly around the time you started everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one last question... the brick pillar that you have rendered in the red colour, was that something you upgraded/chose to render yourself? As I recall, the Nuovo facade didn't come standard with this brick pillar rendered? If you chose to do this yourself, how much did it cost? And the colorbond flashing on top of the rendered areas, is that standard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, hope it's not late to answer your questions. I'm now looking at my Tender, it's signed at the end of Oct.2009. I made color selection on 11.Sep. We paid $459 for upgrading the bricks to Cat1A. The off-white motar was $540.The front Portico pier was an upgrade of extra $350 for rendering. But the flshing on the facade was standard no extra costs :) Hope it helps. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete